Boost Your Athletic Performance with IV Therapy
Whether running in a marathon or working out at the gym, intense exercise can drain the body. So, if you’re regularly pushing your body to the limit, you need to stay hydrated and replenish the nutrients lost, particularly to achieve maximum performance and faster recoveries.
At AuraSpa of Beverly Hills Center, we offer IV therapy to enhance your athletic performance by fueling your body with the hydration and micronutrients it needs to reach its peak fitness level.
What Happens During Intense Training?
Your body undergoes several changes during intense, prolonged exercise, including:
- You sweat to cool off, leading to dehydration and an imbalance of electrolytes.
- Blood flow is redirected from the digestive tract to your muscles.
- Your adrenal gland makes and releases the body’s “stress hormone” cortisol and needs additional vitamin B.
- Muscle exertion causes tissue and cell damage, along with overheating.
- While your body restores damaged muscular tissue, you will experience inflammation, soreness and cramps, all of which requires more amino acids.
Water, minerals, electrolytes, vitamins and amino acids are crucial in converting energy and restoring the body during physical exertion. In addition, electrolytes are essential to control nerve impulses, balance blood chemistry and regulate muscles, like the heart. Electrolyte deficiency or imbalance can result in headaches, muscle spasms or soreness, joint pain and digestive issues.
However, drinking excessive amounts of water can rid electrolytes from the body. This can temporarily weaken the kidneys and digestive system, making them less able to process fluids and absorb vital nutrients from powders, pills and food. IV infusion therapy avoids the digestive system entirely to directly deliver what your body requires into your bloodstream, kickstarting recovery and increasing athletic performance.
Why Endurance Athletes Use IV Therapy
Since IV fluids are delivered directly into the bloodstream, your body immediately absorbs everything it needs and excretes the rest. As a result, your cells will instantly have access to the hydration, electrolytes and vitamins lost during a workout.
Top benefits of IV therapy include:
- Immediate hydration
- Increased energy levels
- Encourages efficient energy consumption
- Boosts metabolism and burns fat
- Reduced muscle aches, cramps, pains and soreness
- Supports protein synthesis for muscle repair and growth
- Improved muscle tone and strength
- Reduced muscle recovery time
- Improved endurance
- Enhanced cellular repair
- Lowers the body’s oxidative stress
IV therapy is for endurance athletes and anyone who pushes themselves during a workout session. Our “Fitness Drip” contains pure water, amino acids and electrolytes to give your joints and muscles what they need before, during and after intense exercise.
IV Therapy in Beverly Hills
IV therapy helps cyclists, runners and other athletes perform better and faster for more extended periods, giving them an advantage over their competitors. Our Fitness Drip is suitable for you if you want to enhance your workout, energize your body from within and recover quickly. Call us or visit our AuraSpa Healing Center in Beverly Hills to book your consultation today!
Posted on behalf of
RoxSan Medical Building 465 N Roxbury Dr., Suite 755,
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: (310) 288-0641